Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I Want More of THAT!" Strength Workshop at New View Counseling

"Call in well from work one day, and laugh when they believe you." Mary Chapin-Carpenter sings on her Time * Sex * Love album.

We're celebrated for working too hard, and only taking time off when sick (and sometimes, not even then). But what about taking a mental health day?

My latest exploration of things to do in Bradenton lead me to New View Counseling, where I was fortunate to participate in part 2 of an ongoing workshop series entitled, "I Want More of That!" Themes range from joy, to gratitude and peace, and - no - you don't have to be in therapy to participate, and no one will assume that you are if you do.

The night I attended, the group explored the subject of strength, what it means to have it, and ways to utilize it in personal and professional situations.

Not one who in any way feels as if I lack strength, I was still jonesing on the idea of having more of it. After all, would anyone ever ask for less power?

Interesting to those on us in attendance was how often we attributed our strengths to our talents, and what we accomplished vs. who we were, as individuals, leading us to explore strengths found in knowledge, courage, community consciousness, kindness and spirituality.

Insightful and interesting, visit www.newviewcounseling.com if your looking to try something unique and inspiring.

No comments: